Dermaplaning is an exciting new manual exfoliation treatment that gives you glowing, Radiant, fresh looking skin instantly.Dermaplaning is a painless treatment with no downtime after the procedure. We use a surgical grade scalpel to gently scrape away the top layer of the skin, removing trapped dirt, peach fuzz hair and oil leaving the skin glowing, dewy and incredibly soft. Dermaplaning is a great option for anyone looking to have flawless looking skin with or without makeup.
What happens during the treatment?
We start by double cleansing the skin with an antibacterial cleanser, we then tone and blot the skin dry. We ‘scrape’ the scalpel across the very top layer of the upper dermis removing fine hair and dead skin. This may sound alarming, but most people are very relaxed during the treatment. Once we have completed the removal, we will cleanse again and apply a protective balm and an SPF cream.
Why should you have Dermaplaning?
As we age our skin turnover decreases creating a build-up of dull looking skin, this treatment:
- Reduces fine lines and acne scarring
- Removes vellus hair
- Increases cell turnover promoting younger, fresher skin
- Removes trapped oil and dirt
- Safe treatment for all skin types and ages
- Results are immediately visible
- Better penetration of your skincare products
- No downtime required, you can get back to your routine immediately
How much does it cost?
Dermaplaning sessions are £85 or £440 for a series of 6.
Who should have Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a great treatment for anyone with dry skin, fine lines, pigmentation and acne scarring. It is particularly beneficial for ageing skin to assist with cell turnover. Unfortunately, we are unable to treat anyone with active acne or other skin conditions which could be exacerbated.
How often should I have the treatment?
We recommend having Dermaplaning every 4-6 weeks.
How will I look after the treatment?
Your skin will be incredibly soft and glowing, you may experience some redness, although this will go down within 2-12 hours.
What is the aftercare?
Patients may have a treatment every 4-6 weeks
- Aerobic exercise or vigorous physical activity should be avoided ?until redness has subsided
- Avoid direct sun exposure, including sunbeds, avoid self-tanners for the first week
- SPF 30+ must be applied daily to the treated area for a minimum of four weeks, however we recommend continued daily use
- Twice daily cleanse the treated area with a post treatment cleanser, followed by a serum or treatment cream and follow with SPF 30+ sunscreen